Definitions and Interpretation
1.a. “Member” means any member of the Hard Jelly Gym.
1.b. “Payment Processor” means a provider of merchant services as specified in our Terms and Conditions.
1.c. “Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
1.c.a. whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
1.c.b. whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
1.d. “Services” means any services provided by Hard Jelly Gym or functions offered through the Hard Jelly Gym website and any related sites, applications, and services.
1.e. “Member” or “you” means any user of Hard Jelly Gym including without limitation any person that:
1.e.a. Views the Hard Jelly Gym website in a browser;
1.e.b. Submits any information via a membership form
1.e.c. Submits any information to Hard Jelly Gym, through use of an inquiry form, or otherwise;
1.e.d. Signs up for a membership or account
1.e.e. Pays for Services
1.e.f. Conducts any other type of transaction in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
How we collect information
1. We collect information sent to us when you sign up for membership either in person, on membership applications, over the phone, via email, or online.
Information that we collect
1. Transaction data includes:
1.a. Transactions made throughout the gym
1.b. Checking into classes
1.c. Any other information collected whilst on site
2. If you become a member of Hard Jelly Gym, we may collect the following types of information:
2.a Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information;
2.b Detailed Personal Information, such as your date of birth or other personal identifiers.
2.c Information in identification documents
2.d Tax file numbers and other government issued identification numbers
2.e Date of birth and gender
2.f Bank account details
2.g Educational qualifications, employment history and salary
2.h Visa or work permit status
3. We may also obtain any information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus, Payment Processors, and identity verification services.
4. In some cases, it may be necessary for Hard Jelly Gym to collect sensitive information such as professional memberships, ethnic origin, criminal record, and health information.
5. Hard Jelly Gym may also collect personal information from a third party via a reference check. This information collected only from a source that is nominated by the person the information is about.
6. Hard Jelly Gym may also collect personal information via Social Media, SMS, mobile marketing, or from a person’s use of its website via contact mailboxes or registration processes.
7. We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways, such as through contact with other Users, our support team, results when you respond to a survey or poll, and from interactions with any other person through a Profile.
1.a. Identify you as a User;
1.b. Enable functionality on and to customize Hard Jelly Gym, content, and advertising;
1.c. Measure promotional effectiveness;
1.d. Mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and
1.e. To promote trust and safety across our members and website.
2. We use both session and persistent Cookies. Session Cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your Profile or close your browser. Persistent Cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire.
3. We encode our Cookies so that we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the Hard Jelly Gym website.
4. You may encounter Cookies on websites that we do not control. For example, if you access a third-party website through our website, there may be a Cookie placed by the web page or an application within it.
How we protect and store Personal Information
2. We store and process your Personal Information on our computers in Queensland, Australia. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration.
How we use the Personal Information we collect
1. Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you and each other members with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your Personal Information to:
1.a. Provide Hard Jelly Gym, our services, and customer support;
1.b. Facilitate transactions and send notices about your transactions;
1.c. Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
1.d. Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
1.e. Customize, measure, and improve Hard Jelly Gym
1.f. Deliver targeted marketing, Service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
1.g. Contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS), or email messaging, as authorised by our Terms and Conditions; or
1.h. Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
1. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise. If you do not wish to receive marketing communication with us, outside of Hard Jelly Gym then you may opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe or opt-out feature contained in the communication that we send to you.
2. Information generated by Hard Jelly Gym is used by us for our internal development purposes and may also be sold to third parties in various forms. However, such information does not contain any Personal Information of any User.
How we share Personal Information
1. We work with third parties, including payment gateways, merchant facility providers, or Payment Processors to enable them to send payments from you. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us. This may include information to confirm that payment has been processed, and the transaction details, but not any credit card information.
2. Please note that members who you buy from, or otherwise contract with, may have their own privacy policies, and although Hard Jelly Gym’s Terms and Conditions do not allow the other transacting party to use this information for anything other than providing their goods and services through the gym, Hard Jelly Gym is not responsible for their actions, including their information practices.
How we share Personal Information with other parties
1. We may share your Personal Information with the following persons, or classes of persons.
1.a. Service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services.
1.c. Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirements applicable to Hard Jelly Gym or one of its affiliates.
1.d. Credit card brands in order to evidence the details of a transaction that has been queried by you or another member.
1.e. To law enforcement agencies, or contracted investigators, when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions.
1.f. Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
3. If you create an account, take membership on, or transact directly on a third party location or website or via a third-party application, any information that you enter on that website or application will likely be shared with the owner of that website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and terms and conditions and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with Personal Information. Hard Jelly Gym is not responsible for the content or information practices of third parties.
How you can access or change your Personal Information
1. You can review and edit your Personal Information by contacting our Privacy Officer at
How you can contact us about privacy questions
Handling your complaints
1. We aim to:
1.a Acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 5 business days; and
1.b Resolve all complaints within 60 days, however, this may not be possible in all circumstances.
2. Where we cannot resolve a complaint within 60 days, we will notify you of the reason for the delay as well as an indication of when we expect to resolve the complaint.
If a person, or an organisation, wishes to complain about how Hard Jelly Gym has handled personal information, it may do so by contacting the General Manager or Director, Hard Jelly Gym, and providing the complaint in writing.
Hard Jelly Gym
Unit 3 / 55-61 Holdsworth Street, Coorparoo, 4151, QLD
Should you require any further information or clarification, please contact Hard Jelly Gym on:
(07) 3847 9888